David Jeremiah Biography
David Jeremiah is an American evangelical Christian author, and founder of Turning Point Radio and Television Ministries. In addition, he is the senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church, a Southern Baptist megachurch in El Cajon, California, a suburb of San Diego.
David Jeremiah Age
Jeremiah is 82 years old as of 2023. He was born(David Paul Jeremiah) on February 13, 1941, in Toledo, Ohio, United States. Jeremiah celebrates his birthday on the 13th of February every year.
David Jeremiah Height
Jeremiah stands at an approximate height of 5 feet 9 inches.
David Jeremiah Family
Jeremiah was born in Toledo, Ohio to Ruby and Rev. Dr. James T. Jeremiah. His family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when his eleven years old and his father became the pastor of Emmanuel Baptist Church. Jeremiah was brought up along with his three siblings. In 1953, the family made the move to Cedarville, Ohio, when his father became the new president of Cedarville College (now Cedarville University).
David Jeremiah Wife
Jeremiah is married to his better half Donna Thompson, his college sweetheart. They tied the knot in 1963. The couple has four children Janice Dodge, David Michael Jeremiah, Jennifer Sanchez, and Daniel Jeremiah. Jeremiah and his wife are the grandparents of twelve grandchildren.
David Jeremiah Children
Jeremiah’s oldest son, David Michael, is the president of Turning Point and the anchor voice of the radio program. Jeremiah’s other son, Daniel, is a former NFL scout, and now works as an analyst with the NFL Network. Jennifer is a medical practitioner, she has worked in the field for over three decades. She graduated from high school and pursued her medical studies at Brown Medical school. In addition, she has two children, a boy, and a girl.
David Jeremiah Net Worth
Jeremiah has an estimated net worth ranging between $1 Million – $5 Million which he has earned from his successful career as a pastor, author, and founder of Turning Point Radio and Television Ministries.
David Jeremiah Education
After graduating from high school and earning his Diploma, he had to further his education. He joined Cedarville College where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1963. Jeremiah also attended Dallas Theological Seminary (MTh) and after completing his studies there, he obtained a Master’s degree in Theology in 1967 and completed additional graduate work at Grace Seminary in 1972. In 1981, Cedarville presented him with an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree.
David Jeremiah Church
Jeremiah founded Blackhawk Baptist Church in Fort Wayne, Indiana in 1969. He also founded Blackhawk Christian School in 1973. Jeremiah was the senior pastor at Blackhawk for 12 years. In 1973, he developed and launched The Bible Hour, gaining experience with using televised mass media to share the Gospel. Jeremiah’s family moved to Southern California.
His son David Jeremiah succeeded Tim LaHaye as the senior pastor at Scott Memorial Baptist Church (now Shadow Mountain Community Church). Jeremiah’s leadership of the church has led it to become affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and expand to nine satellite locations that include Hispanic and Arabic congregations. Jeremiah continued to grow.
David Jeremiah Turning Point/David Jeremiah Podcast
Jeremiah founded Turning Point for God in 1982. Turning Point is a multi-media broadcast ministry. Turning Point’s radio and television program began with local influence and developed national influence through television. It features a huge Bible Strong library of content ready to stream. Since 2000, it has become an international leader in the world of broadcast ministry.
David Jeremiah lymphoma
Jeremiah was diagnosed with lymphoma in 1994 and again in 1998. In 1999, a nodule was surgically removed from his neck and he underwent stem cell transplant therapy. The story of his experiences during that season is recorded in his book When Your World Falls Apart.
David Jeremiah Books
Jeremiah is also an author and speaks frequently at conferences, conventions, and universities, as well as at the chapels for professional basketball and football teams. Throughout his career, he has written multiple books. These books include;
- _(1983). Philippians: Twenty-Six Daily Bible Studies. B C M Publications.
- _(1992). Turning Toward Joy/Philippians. Chariot Victor Publishing.
- with Carlson, C. C. (1992). The Handwriting on the Wall. W Publishing Group.
- — (1993). Turning Toward Integrity. Chariot Victor Publishing.
- — (1994). Acts of Love. Vision House.
- — (1996). What the Bible Says About Angels. Multnomah.
- with Carlson, C. C. (1996). Invasion of Other Gods. W Publishing Group.
- — (1997). The Power of Encouragement. Multnomah.
- — (1999). Gifts from God: Encouragement and Hope for Today’s Parents. Chariot Victor Publishing.
David Jeremiah Awards and Honors
The following are awards and honors directed to Jeremiah.
- In 1985 San Diego Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Emmy for outstanding programming in the religious category
- 1998 The Gold Medallion Award for Prayer the Great Adventure
- 1999 The National Religious Broadcasters’ Broadcaster of the Year Award
- Nominated for a Gold Medallion Book Award for Jesus’ Final Warning
- 2000 North Carolina Christian Radio Stations Award of Excellence in Christian Radio Ministry
- Pacific Southwest Emmy Award for outstanding achievement in the religious program category
- 2002 Western Chapter of National Religious Broadcasters’ Award of Merit for Excellence in Broadcasting and Faithfulness in Service
- 2003 The Gold Medallion Award for My Heart’s Desire, Integrity
- 2005 Nominated for a Gold Medallion Book Award and the Jordan Christian Book of the Year Award for Searching for Heaven
- 2006 National Religious Broadcasters’ Media Award for Best Radio Teaching Program
- 2007 G. Campbell Morgan Preaching Award
Nominated for the ECPA Medallion of Excellence Award for Captured by Grace
- 2009 Recipient of a 2009 Retailers Choice Award in the category of Church & Culture for What in the World is Going On?
- 2010 Recipient of a 2010 Retailers Choice Award in the category of Christian Living for Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World.
- 2012 Served as Honorary Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force
- 2019 Recipient of The Illumination Book Awards, Silver award in Spirituality for Ever Faithful.
- 2020 National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) Hall of Fame Award and NRB President’s Award