Joyce Meyer Biography
Joyce Meyer (Pauline Joyce Meyer) is an American Christian author, speaker, and president of Joyce Meyer Ministries. Her ministry is headquartered near the St. Louis suburb of Fenton, Missouri.
Joyce Meyer Age
Meyer is 80 years old as of 2023. She was born (Pauline Joyce Hutchison) on June 4, 1943, in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Meyer celebrates her birthday on the 4th of June every year.
Joyce Meyer Height
Meyer stands at an approximate height of 5 feet 7 inches.
Joyce Meyer Family
Meyer was born and raised in south St. Louis, Missouri, United States. Her father went into the army to fight in World War II soon after she was born. She has said in interviews that he began sexually abusing her upon his return and discusses this experience in her meetings. To this day, she speaks with a working-class St. Louis accent.
Joyce Meyer Husband
Meyer married Dave Meyer, a part-time car salesman shortly after her senior year of high school. She maintains that her husband frequently cheated on her and persuaded her to steal payroll checks from her employer. They used the money to go on a vacation to California. She states that she returned the money years later. After her divorce, Meyer frequented local bars before meeting Dave Meyer, an engineering draftsman. They were married on January 7, 1967. Together they have four grown children. The couple resides outside St. Louis, Missouri. All four of her children are involved in some facet of Christian ministry.
Joyce Meyer Children
Joyce Meyer Net Worth
Meyer has an estimated net worth ranging between $1 Million – $5 Million which she has earned from her successful career as a Charismatic Christian author, speaker, and president of Joyce Meyer Ministries.
Joyce Meyer Education
She attended O’Fallon Technical High School in St. Louis and after her studies there she graduated. Meyer also attended Life Christian University in Tampa, Florida where she earned a Ph.D. in Theology. She really likes studies so she obtained an honorary doctorate in Sacred Theology from Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona, and an honorary doctorate in Divinity from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Joyce Meyer Ministries
Meyer is one of the world’s leading Bible teachers and speakers who has her own syndicated television and radio program called “Enjoying Everyday Life”. She leads her ministry, Joyce Meyer Ministries worldwide. In addition to that, she is a New York Times bestselling author, and her books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through Jesus Christ. Meyer was a local Bible teacher in 1976 prior to becoming an associate pastor of a church in St. Louis, Missouri in 1980.
In 1981, she became an ordained minister, and in 1985 her ministry was titled “Life in the Word.” Her ministry grew by leaps and bounds and soon she was teaching citywide, statewide, countrywide, and now worldwide through Joyce Meyer Ministries, and her television, radio, and magazine titles were changed to “Enjoying Everyday Life”. Meyer teaches hundreds of subjects based on her experience and how she applies the Bible to every facet of her life.
Every year, Meyer hosts several domestic and international conferences to encourage people to start enjoying their daily lives. Her annual women’s conference has been a huge success, attracting over 200,000 women from all over the world each year. In 2000, she co-founded the St. Louis Dream Center alongside her husband. The Center aims at serving the inner city through a hands-on program that is targeted at treating the needy, lost, and hurt through the love of Christ.
Joyce Meyer ECFA Accreditation
The Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) gave Joyce Meyer Ministries accreditation in 2009. In an announcement on March 12, 2009, the ECFA said that Joyce Meyer Ministries and Oral Roberts University had met their requirements of “‘responsible stewardship’, which involves ministries’ fund-raising practices, board governance, transparency, and financial accountability.”
Joyce Meyer Breast Cancer
She went to the doctor for a checkup and found out she had breast cancer. Though she was praying for other people to be healed, it was a very fast-growing type of cancer; a little, tiny tumor, but very fast-growing cancer. The doctor told her that she will have a mastectomy. Losing a part of her body was not easy. Meyer says, for 28 years in a row she go and gotten tested, and every year, she clean report, and everything is great.
Joyce Meyer Conversion and Ministry
God has many ways to call and transform his people so as to see the right. In 1976, she says that during an intense prayer, while driving to work one morning, she heard God call her name. At the age of nine, Meyer was born-again but unhappiness drove her deeper into her faith. She got home later that day from a beauty appointment “full of liquid love” and was “drunk with the Spirit of God” that night while at the local bowling alley.
… I didn’t have any knowledge. I didn’t go to church. And I had a lot of problems, and I needed somebody to kind of help me along. And I think sometimes even people who want to serve God if they have got so many problems that they don’t think right and they don’t act right and they don’t behave right, they almost need somebody to take them by the hand and help lead them through the early years …
Joyce Meyer Salary and finances
Meyer is blessed, she owns several homes and travels in a private jet. She has been criticized for living an excessive lifestyle. She doesn’t defend herself, “… there’s no need for us to apologize for being blessed.” “You can be a businessman here in St. Louis, and people think the more you have, the more wonderful it is … but if you’re a preacher, then all of a sudden it becomes a problem.
Joyce Meyer Plastic Surgery
Meyer does not hide that she has plastic surgery and does not feel the need for it. She doesn’t need to be asked if she’s had plastic surgery, she openly resorted to plastic surgery, saying she definitely does not regret having plastic surgery.
Joyce Meyer Podcast
Meyer’s Talk It Out podcast is a fun weekly Bible study with Joyce and three friends in different stages of life who take Joyce’s teaching and talk out a real-life application.
Joyce Meyer Author and Books
Meyer has authored over 90 self-help non-fiction books and a handful of fiction books.
- Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing. 1994.
- Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind. 1995.
- Me and My Big Mouth: Your Answer is Right Under Your Nose. 2002.
- How to Hear from God: Learn to Know His Voice and Make Right Decisions. 2003.
- The Secret Power of Speaking God’s Word. 2004.
- In Pursuit of Peace: 21 Ways to Conquer Anxiety, Fear, and Discontentment. 2004.
- Straight Talk: Overcoming Emotional Battles with the Power of God’s Word. 2005.
- Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone. 2005.
- Meyer, Joyce (2006). Look Great, Feel Great: 12 Keys to Enjoying a Healthy Life Now.
- The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God’s Word for Everyday Living. 2006.
- The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear. 2007.
- The Penny: A Novel. 2007. ISBN 0-446-57811-8. (by Joyce Meyer and Deborah Bedford)
- Woman to Woman: Candid Conversations from Me to You. 2007.
- I Dare You: Embrace Life With Passion. 2007.
- The Power of Simple Prayer: How to Talk with God about Everything. 2007.
- Top 10 Qualities of a Great Leader. 2007. ISBN 1-57794-913-7. (by Joyce Meyer and Phil Pringle)
- Conflict Free Living: How to Build Healthy Relationships for Life. 2008.
- Start Your New Life Today: An Exciting New Beginning with God. 2008.
- The Secret To True Happiness: Enjoy Today, Embrace Tomorrow. 2008.
- Never Give Up!: Relentless Determination to Overcome Life’s Challenges. 2009.
- Eat the Cookie … Buy the Shoes: Giving Yourself Permission to Lighten Up. 2010.
- Power Thoughts: 12 Strategies to Win the Battle. 2010.
- Living Beyond Your Feelings: Controlling Emotions So They Don’t Control You. 2011.
- Love Out Loud: Devotions on Loving God, Yourself, and Others. 2011.
- Do Yourself a Favor … Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness. 2012.
- Change Your Words, Change Your Life: Understanding the Power of Every Word You Speak. 2012.