Takashi Fujii Biography
Takashi Fujii is a Japanese Comedian and Singer who is best known for hosting “Matthew’s Best Hit TV” (as the character Matthew Minami). He is also known for hosting Netflix’s “Love Is Blind: Japan” and being part of “Yoshimoto Kogyo” (the Japanese entertainment conglomerate). Additionally, Fujii is known for hosting other shows on TV Asahi.
Takashi Fujii Age
Fujii is 50 years old in 2022. He was born on March 10, 1972, in Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan. He celebrates his birthday on the 10th of March every year.
Takashi Fujii Height
Fujii stands at an approximate height of 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m).
Takashi Fujii Family
Fujii was born to his loving parents whose names are unknown at the moment. There is no information regarding whether Fujii has any siblings or not.
Takashi Fujii Wife
Fujii is married to Otoha. They tied the knot on July 30, 2005, at a wedding ceremony held at the Grand Hyatt in Tokyo. The wedding was attended by 340 guests including multiple famous Japanese celebrities and personalities.
Otoha is a Japanese actress known for voice acting as Natsumi in the anime “GetBackers” (October 5, 2002). She is also known for her full song album “OtohaCD Vol. 2” released on November 20, 2002, in Japan. Additionally, Otaha is known for starring as Yoriko in “You’re Under Arrest” (live-action drama series), and as Toshi in the live-action drama “Koumyou ga Tsuji”. She is 42 years old as of 2023 having been born on January 28, 1981, in Nagano, Japan.
Takashi Fujii Children
Fujii and his wife Otoha take great pride in being mom and dad to their one child, whose identity is under review. Otoha revealed her pregnancy on May 7, 2007. The exact date of their child’s birth is under review.
Takashi Fujii Net Worth
Fujii has an annual estimated net worth ranging from $1 Million to $5 Million, which he earns through his career as a Comedian and Singer.
Takashi Fujii Love Is Blind: Japan
Fujii co-hosts the Netflix series “Love Is Blind: Japan” with Yuka Itaya (an actress and caster). The series has 1 season with a total of 11 episodes and it premiered its very first episode on February 8, 2022. Season 2 of “Love Is Blind: Japan” is set to premiere in the year 2023 on Netflix. Fujii and Yuka follow a group of women and men (marriage-minded singles) who tries to find their life partners and get engaged, all before meeting face to face. The original language of this series is Japanese.
Takashi Fujii Career
Takashi Fujii Acting Career
Fujii is an actor, though he is not as active as he is as a comedic host. He is well known for appearing in the film “Lost in Translation” (2003), portraying Matthew Minami (a host of his own show). In that role, his trademark garish suits and blonde wig praise his effeminate, however wacky personality.
Fujii has appeared as a host of the show “Matthew’s Best Hit UV” (still portraying Matthew Minami) which features multiple musicians and Japanese celebrities. He has also starred in many other programs and shorts related to Best Hit TV portraying the same name.
He stars in multiple Japanese shows and he is considered less flamboyant while starring as himself, however, his regular seemingly odd gestures and random comments are all part of his signature performances. Fujii has appeared in China and the United States performing both his music and comedy.
Takashi Fujii Music Career
Even though Fujii is a musician, he is not that active. His music style has successfully transferred into the J-pop world. Tommy (J-pop artist) produced Fujii’s single “Oh My Juliet!” and it was later featured in the soundtrack to “Babel” (a film). Fujii has also worked with prominent artists like Seiko Matsuda, Daisuke Asakura, Tetsuya Komuro, and many others. Fujii did a “World Tour” concert in the year 2004 in Shanghai, China, and LA, California.
Takashi Fujii Programs
Fujii has been recently featured in various programs;
- SkyPerfecTV’s “Takashi Fujii’s SKY Perfect 110BANG!”
- CTV’s “Sarujie” – portraying monkey (host)
- TV Asahi’s “Matthew’s Best Hit TV+” – portraying Matthew Minami
- TX’s “Shanghai Daiwan” – as a traveling host
- KTV’s “Very Very Saturday”
- YTV’s “Hakken! Surprise !! Premier Mon!!! Saturday is no good!”
Takashi Fujii TV Shows / Series
Fujii has “minor” appeared and contributed his voice talent to a variety of animated movies such as “Mind Game” (2004). He has also appeared in various TV series, drama series, and movies such as;
- My Small Land – Movie (2022)
- Will I Be Single Forever? – Movie (2021)
- Mio’s Cookbook – Movie (2020)
- Kamen Rider Build: The Movie – Be the One (Movie) (2018)
- Warotenka – Drama (2017)
- Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu – Drama (2016)
- Sanada Maru – Drama (2016)
- The School of Water Business – Drama (2006)
- The Wedding – Drama (2002)
- Beauty 7 – Drama (2001)
Takashi Fujii Singles / Songs
Fujii has released 7 singles;
- June 5, 2013 – “She is my new town/I just want to hold you”
- December 12, 2001 – “Zetsubō Good Bye”
- March 8, 2000 – “Nanda Kanda”
- November 1, 2000 – “Aimo Kawarazu”
- July 7, 2004 – “Watashi no Aoi Sora”
- August 1, 2007 – “Manatsu no Yo no Yume”
- February 14, 2002 – “Mikakunin Hikoutai”
- October 19, 2005 – “Oh My Juliet!”
Takashi Fujii Album
- June 17, 2015 – “Coffee Bar Cowboy”
- February 14, 2002 – “Romeo Michiyuki”
- July 28, 2004 – “All by My Self”
- September 13, 2017 – “Light Showers”
- April 26, 2006 – “Shanghai Ta-wan”